Information for visitors
Planning a trip to a residence?
We always encourage friends and family members of our residents to visit often. Scheduling regular visits is a great opportunity to foster a deeper connection with your loved one. If they are still adjusting, spending more quality time together will help ease the transition. Here are some tips to make the most out of your visit:
- Find a quiet place to spend quality time together (i.e. picnic or walk)
- Share your favorite stories or memories with one another or come up with some fun memories and bring photos with you to reminisce about the past
- It’s not uncommon for residents to feel a little homesick. Practice active listening while discussing their feelings and concerns, and remind them of the benefits of receiving long term care.
- Bring in a labeled photo album and go through it with the resident. Have all visitors sign a guest book with a short description of the topics discussed for reinforcement by staff later on.
- Get other friends or family members to write a letter to the resident and share these letters with them during your visit
- Call the residence in advance to set up a visit during mealtime
- Ontario visitors, please click here for our visitation policy